Sunday, July 1, 2012

Love at First Sight




I don’t know her name. I have no idea what her story is. But there is something about her........

I was walking the slums and our eyes met. She was instantly filled with a smile and we gravitated towards each other and embraced. I was captured by her beauty. I had a deep sense that she had experienced so much pain...it could be the only explanation as to why she radiated such joy and I was overwhelmed and silenced by her soul. No words were exchanged that either of us could understand.

Looking at this picture, at first glance, your first thoughts would not be “beautiful”. She has many wrinkles, no hair, missing teeth. But in her presence...BEAUTY was the only word that filled my mind. Her face, weathered with years of life, years of experience, years of wisdom. I have a feeling that I have so much to learn from her. I am bound and determined to find her again. To sit with her. To listen to her. Hear her wisdom. Learn from her strength.

Africa always and continues to transform and radically teach me about beauty and what it means to truly, deeply, be beautiful. Oh how I have so much learn. May we find each other again sweet soul.........

No comments:

Post a Comment