Saturday, June 23, 2012

Aida's New Home!


I couldn’t sleep. I was tossing and turning all night. My heart was so anxious to start the day and to get to see my precious Aida! Aida is 12 years old and I have the privilege of being able to sponsor her to be able to send her to school. The coolest thing about my sponsorship with Aida is how my family has been able to get involved. Last summer when I visited Aida I was able to meet all of her 9 siblings. My Father’s House was helping them rent a room in a warehouse type building. Rebecca Sorenson (founder of My Father’s House) contacted me after I left and told me that the family was now on the street because the landlord did not want that many people in his building. Aida is the oldest and her father died a couple of years ago.
(Old home)

My parents were able to help send money so that Aida’s family could have their very own two room house built! Rebecca already had land that they could use…so the building began! It was so special to be able to visit their new home, a place that is their own. They do not have to worry about paying rent or being kicked out. When I visited they were so grateful and even though they have very little they still wanted to give to me. The mother made sure that I left her home with a sack of banana’s, pineapple and hand-picked flowers.
(New Home)


Aida has the most beautiful smile that I have ever seen. She absolutely glows. Her heart is pure and I could gaze into her eyes and see her pearly whites every day! I am amazed at how each year she understands English more and more. She wants to be a doctor when she grows up and I made sure to communicate to her that, “Yes, you absolutely CAN!” I wrote her a letter and she was able to read it all in English without any assistance! She is so brilliant!


Rebecca communicated to me that Aida has not been the same since I visited her. She has had more confidence to speak English, has a glow to her face and personality and appears so happy. This, my friends, is what happens when you sponsor a child. YOU can radically influence their life! If you want to change a life and develop a life-long relationship with a child and in the end have your heart be changed….please sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment