Saturday, February 18, 2012

In the Beginning....

7 yrs ago, I found myself on my face, sobbing, crying out for help. It was a very tiny whisper of help to God, but none the less, a cry for help. My heart and mind were in shambles and even though I wanted to reach out for God to pick me up, I was still very reserved that it would happen. You see, I knew God....well at least I thought I did. I had been in bible studies, leading my own bible studies, I had a mentor, went to a weekly worship gathering, so on and so forth. Yet, my heart had still never fully experienced God. Why would God want to rescue me? I had run away from Him. At times, hating Him for protecting me. Yet, all it took was that little whisper of faith....and my life has never looked the same.

Fast forward to just over a week ago. I had just returned home from Haiti. Once again, I found myself face down, tears streaming from my eyes. Yet, this time I was not crying out for help. I was crying out for more. My heart felt like it was literally going to burst from my chest. The ache was so deep. The love too great. I found myself desperately seeking God's face. 


I have learned through trials, heart-aches, sorrows and deep pain, that God is there through it all. I have learned that when I am nothing God can be everything. When I am at my weakest point, completely, utterly broken....God finds me the most beautiful. The more I am broken, the more beautiful God can be in my life. 
Join me on this broken journey. To seek beauty...genuine, authentic beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment